Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Comment of 2 classmates blogs of my interest

After reading a handful of my classmates’ blog posts, two in particular caught my attention.



Alexis's blog post regarding the fashion industry grabbed my attention because of my interest in both fashion and the ethical treatment of animals in fashion.  I am very pleased to see that there are both organizations out there like PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) and A-list celebrities that are willing to speak out about the cruel usage of animals in the fashion world today. I commend people like Stella McCartney who have shown that current fashions can still be fashionable without harming animals. I think people who endorse fashions with real animal fur are not only disrespectful but also malicious. They simply do not care to acknowledge the fact that certain fashion trends can still be just as fashionable without the usage of real animal parts and fur. Faux fur is just as appealing as the true animal fur, and it’s less expensive. I think that people use real animal fur for the sole reason of showing off how affluent they are, that they can afford real animal fur coats and such.

Blaine's blog post about the entertainment industry and the media interested me because I am very intrigued by the complexities of the media’s involvement in the entertainment industry and in various reality TV shows. Everyone’s worst nightmare came true when the hit reality MTV series “The Hills” secret was finally revealed on the season finale. The media portrays many “reality” TV shows as being “real life” but in reality it is fake. Popular social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter “insist” or lead-on that everything’s real from the people and the places to the drama in the show. I think its unfair and very misleading to give off that shows such as “The Hills” is real. I have been both a loyal and avid fan of “The Hills” ever since it began and I truly believed that every aspect of the show was real from the personalities to the various locations. Of course something’s were real like their names and where they live is obviously not staged. These are real people after all but after seeing the actual staging that occurred in the final episode of the season really disappointed me. I couldn’t even focus on what was happening with the drama of the show because of the incident with the scenery. We as consumers and being so media-dependent rely so heavily on the media and what they tell us that once we realize something’s not as it seems we get very irritated because we have been lied to on numerous accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment